Sunday, December 18, 2011

costumes

As a parent of children in a play, I received the job of sewing uniforms for the "guards" in the play. There are 6 of them, with one being the "man in charge". :)  Little did I know the challenge that it would give me. It was more mental work, than sewing work.  Once I figured out exactly WHAT I was doing, the rest came easily!!  However, the simple task of sewing on a collar and cuffs to already made shirts, turned into a long and tedious task!!  How do you best add stiff material to stretchy knit material????  huuummmmm....well, once I figured that one out in my mind, the next question was, "how do I make these cuffs?"  I was given a picture and basically told to make that. :)  No problem! :) LOL
Well, I am proud to say that as of right now.....I AM FINISHED WITH ALL THE COSTUMES!! :)  YEAH!!  
These are the uniforms! :) 


 Each one of these uniforms has 2 cuffs, a bodice with buttons, and a sash.  Each posed their own challenges.  But, it looks nice and will certainly look good on the stage. :)


The red one is for the leader in the group!  He needed to be different looking. :) 



One project done.....
Now, on to getting the cookies and gingerbread houses done for Christmas!!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts....