Saturday, June 8, 2013

interesting thought...

Tonight as I left work, I realized that I was feeling guilty for going home!!  Now, mind you, I left when I am supposed to leave!  But, the last couple of months it has been very hard for me to leave work on time due to the load of work needing to be accomplished.  So, even though the day was busy, I completed what I could and left on time.  As I walked out the door, I spoke with a co-worker and told her how I was feeling.  She simple said, "Don't.  We all worked hard today". 

WOW!  What a revelation!  Nursing is a 24 hour job.  I can only do the work that is able to be done in my shift's time.  But, many times, I am trying to complete a task (and the charting) so I don't leave it for the next person!  There are many things that are required of us when we admit patients, and that is what I struggle with.  I don't know where to draw the line and leave stuff for the next person to complete.  Hopefully, I can keep this mindset. 

I can make a choice to not feel guilty!!  I did do a good job today!  I worked hard!  I did the best I could do with my patients.  So, I need to leave it there.  Brain training.....hard work!!



2 comments:

  1. You are a wonderful nurse! Never feel guilty for doing your job and then going home when it's time! You deserve your time at home to relax and be with your kids :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww....thanks, Ronda! That is true!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts....